Saturday, July 13, 2013

Vegas here I come

It's been 18 years since I last seen a UH vs UNLV game in Las Vegas. I was too young to gamble and at the time was begging my parents to take me. They first thought about it because of my age and how Vegas is called Sin city for a reason. But my parents love to travel to Vegas and gamble. They convinced themselves they would take turns watching me while the other parks their behind in front a Wheel of Fortune slot machine. So we booked with Panda Travel and flew on Hawaiian Airlines.We stayed at the California hotel with thousands of Hawaii fans roaming Fremont Street. It was a sight to see. Tons of people with back then Kelly green shirts partying up after a 58-30 win at San Boyd Stadium. Of course I went with my parents who are die-hard fans as well.

Well today I'm much older, finished college and have a decent job. I feel like I should give back to my parents and treat them to a trip to Vegas to see UH play UNLV on October 12. I went through Panda Travel which has so many packages to choose from and decent prices too. So I bought three tickets and I feel like a kid again waiting for that day to come. To actually fly to another state, attend a game on the road with thousands of UH fans again it seems so nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment